Moving Through the Tree of Life: Where T’ai Chi meets Kabbalah
This introductory level class uses gentle meditative exercises in a Jewish context to connect the Divine spark within us to the Divine Source of Being. Its standing postures are drawn from energetic traditions including t’ai chi and qi gong. They are easy to follow and resonate with our Jewish souls. The exercises are suitable for all ages and levels of fitness.
Moving Through the 4 Worlds with the 4 Elements
This Level 2 class explores Jewish mysticism using the 4 elements—Earth, Water, Air, Fire—to activate and align the 4 worlds through our bodies. These movements balance our energy and help us connect to our spirituality through our bodies.
The class is taught in two sections which can be offered on different days or morning and afternoon on one day. Participants can take one or both.
Section A. Standing postures
Section B. Walking the Circle
Moving Through the Sephirot
This Level 3 class explores the Kabbalistic Tree of Life through explanations of the 10 Sephirot (Divine Emanations/Aspects) and exercises to align, balance and move the energy of this Jewish spiritual system through the body. The movements are meditative, inner-focused and promote embodied awareness. The exercises help participants integrate body/emotions/mind and spirit.
Moving Through the Prayer Service
This class follows the structure of the prayer service through the 4 worlds, from Birchot HaShachar, through Psukei d’Zimra and Shacharit to the Amidah, ending with Aleinu and a return to community. It combines movement, chant, prayer and a D’var Torah. The class can be presented before the traditional service or as an alternative to one of the following services:
Weekday; Kabbalat Shabbat; Shabbat Morning; Havdalah.
Some of the settings in which these classes have been offered include:
- Aleph Kallah—Rindge, NH
- B’nai Torah Congregation—Boca Raton, FL
- Congregation B’nai Israel—Boca Raton, FL
- Crossings, a Center for the Healing Traditions—Silver Spring, MD
- Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs—Miami Beach, FL
- Jewish Federation of the Berkshires—Pittsfield, MA
- Jewish Women’s Retreats—Camp Ramah in California – Ojai, CA and Ramah Darom – Clayton, GA
- Jewish Women’s Study Day—Boca Raton, FL
- Levis JCC—Boca Raton, FL
- Limmud—Baltimore, MD
- Temple Beth-El—Richmond, VA
- Temple Beth Torah—North Miami Beach, FL
- Temple Sinai—Delray Beach, FL
- Women of Reform Judaism—Parkland, FL
- Women’s League for Conservative Judaism National Convention – Las Vegas, NV; Whippany, NJ
- Florida Region Conference – Sarasota, FL
- Cantorial Assembly Convention–Palm Beach Gardens, FL